1. How do you manage to stay balanced and healthy in spite of the busy med school schedule?
I try to block out time each day to do things that are not related to med school. I really love experimenting with new recipes, playing some pick up sports, or reading the Game of Thrones series!
2. Why do you want to become an advocate and what three qualities will you bring to the job?
I’ve really enjoyed my first year at UNC and my advocates made me feel very comfortable here. I would like to make sure that the incoming first years have a similar experience. I think I’m very approachable, enthusiastic, and easy-going, which will help get first years excited but also to calm them down when the going gets tough.
3. What’s the most important piece of advice you would give to an MS1 at the beginning of the year?
Work hard but make sure you take the time to explore outside of school. Take advantage of the pass/fail grading because it will help you stay sane. Keep doing the things you love to do, go out, make friends, get involved in the clubs, in interest groups, and in the community.
4. Tell us your favorite joke (PG-13 max, please). Your answer may exceed 1 sentence.
“Yo mama so fat, she brought syrup to the quidditch match because she heard there’d be quaffles” – courtesy of @Lord_Voldemort7
5. If you had a theme song that played every time you entered a room, what would it be?
A mash-up of Tupac’s California Love and Far East Movement’s Rocketeer
6. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Anything that my mom cooks! =)