1. How do you manage to stay balanced and healthy in spite of the busy med school schedule?
To stay as balanced as possible I make a whole-hearted attempt to work out at least an hour every day. On my coveted off-weekends I always go to the grocery store and make a meal worthy of a Food Network show while yelling at whatever sporting event is on ESPN.
2. Why do you want to become an advocate and what three qualities will you bring to the job?
I would love to become an advocate for Cross College to promote the importance of wellness, plan wonderful events and help the incoming class prepare for and enjoy what is to come. I will bring compassion, determination, and a healthy dose of practicality to the position.
3. What’s the most important piece of advice you would give to an MS1 at the beginning of the year?
Make sure and take some time for yourself every week and laugh out loud daily - even if no one else finds it funny or you are in the middle of the HSL.
4. What is your favorite artery, organ, or nerve; and why?
The sciatic nerve would have to be my favorite because it is one of those structures you just have to see to believe.
5. If you had a theme song that played every time you entered a room, what would it be?
“Boogie Shoes” by KC and the Sunshine Band would work even though I secretly imagine the theme song from “House” every time I walk into Burnett-Womack.
6. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
The fried calamari from Narcoossee’s at Disney World would be delicious and if you don’t believe me just ask the dishes.