1. Patients will receive only the voicemail number. Cell phone numbers and pagers should not be given out.
2. Each fellow will have business cards. These cards will be easy to read and have only the voicemail number for patients to contact. Fellows are expected to give these cards out to each patient and have them available upon follow up visits as well.
3. The voicemail for fellows should have the following information:
a. The fellows name
b. Statement that voicemail is checked once a day
c. If there is a more urgent need, please call Yvette at 843-4096 or 966-5945 (ext) 251 so that the fellow or covering physician can be paged.
d. If after hours, please call Health Link at 966-3820
4. When out of town or away:
a. Change voicemail
b. Have other fellow check voicemail
c. Change the message on pager through the Hospital WebXchange system.
d. Make sure that Yvette knows the schedule and covering physician; copy Dr. Bynum and Angela on requests/information about coverage.
5. Email: Whether or not to communicate via email (as long as it is a secure system that is protected such as the UNC system) can be determined individually by each fellow. Do not include email address on business card as it makes the card too difficult to read with limited vision. If using email, be sure to use out of office reply system.
6. Follow up of lab results: Make sure to discuss with patients at the time of their visit when you will call them with lab results and how long some results will take to return.
7. When making any schedule changes with Rose Greeson, please copy Dr. Bynum as well.