Recipient(s) of the Award will Receive
- A plaque
- A book entitled, “The Mind is Not the Heart: Recollections of a Woman Physician” by Dr. Eva Salber
- A Monetary award (up to $1000.00 may be given)
In addition, the recipient will have the opportunity to submit a poster of their work at the annual Community Service Day Thursday, February 20, 2013.
Eligibility for the Award
- Second, third, or fourth year UNC medical student in good standing.
- In-depth information on existing services or systems for the elderly
- Conducting quantitative or qualitative research regarding older adults
- Offering a community service to the elderly
Project settings may include, but are not limited to, interdisciplinary geriatric assessment centers; hospices; long-term care facilities; senior centers, and local, state, national and international health agencies or programs that serve elderly people.
Students who wish to participate should contact the Salber-Phillips Coordinator, Angela Bowden at 966-5945, ext 265