North Carolina AHEC Program
spring 2010 newsletter | home
NC AHEC Launches The Quality Source
In February 2010, NC AHEC launched an updated Web site to help meet one of its core mission initiatives of "enhancing the quality of care and improving health care outcomes" for the citizens of the state.
As AHEC continues to be involved in quality efforts across the state through continuing education, residency education and consultative on-site support for outpatient practices there is a need for these efforts to be shared with our partners and constituents. This web site will provide a centralized point of communication for information related to the quality improvement efforts in health care throughout the state of North Carolina. Our current five areas of focus are:
- NC IPIP - Improving Performance in Practice is a national initiative which has taken AHEC into outpatient practices around the state to improve the quality of care through process redesign.
- Education Programs – Here you will have centralized access to information about continuing education programs focusing on quality developed by AHEC and our partners.
- Partners – Our efforts are collaboratively strengthened by the partners we work with in the state and nationally.
- Resources – Our goal is to provide you with articles and links to other resources on quality topics that you can use.
- NC HIT – As the AHEC program gears up to develop Health Information Technology Extension Centers across the state, we will keep you updated on the progress of this important project that will greatly expand the use of electronic health records in outpatient practices across the state.
Visit The Quality Source for more information.