Jul 16, 2012 08:30 AM
Jul 20, 2012 04:00 PM
|Contact Name||Claire Greer|
|Add event to calendar||
Teachers will learn:
1. Introduce theoretical models and processes of literacy and their relationship to individuals
with significant disabilities.
2. Help professionals recognize oral and written language development in students with
3. Address the components of the North Carolina Extended Content Standards as they relate to
literacy learning for students with significant disabilities.
4. Describe a range of assessment and intervention strategies that address the emergent and
conventional literacy needs of students with significant disabilities.
5. Familiarize students with a range of technologies, and a variety of materials and classroom
modifications that support literacy learning and use by students with significant disabilities.
6. Share a range of resources and