The Division of Clinical Laboratory Science posts position announcements free of charge for alumni of the CLS or MDS programs, MDS Corporate Partners, and CLS or MDS clinical affiliates. Others who wish to post position announcements may do so by making a gift of $100 or more to the CLS Advancement Fund. Click here for information on how to make a gift. The announcement will be posted after the gift is received.
All announcements are reviewed before posting, and this page will be regularly updated, however we cannot be responsible for the accuracy or timeliness of information. Announcements may be submitted via email for posting on this site.
NORTH CAROLINA STATE LABORATORY OF PUBLIC HEALTH
Virology/Serology Medical Laboratory Technologist posted 12/1/2016
Position Description: The State Laboratory of Division of Public Health provides certain medical and environmental laboratory services (testing, consultation and training) to public and private health provider organizations responsible for the promotion, protection and assurance of the health of North Carolina citizens.
This position serves as a technologist in a clinical laboratory that performs routine and reference testing of serum and other bodily fluids for the detection of antibodies and antigens to various infectious diseases. Evaluation of specimens for these infectious agents involves the utilization of a variety of highly technical automated and semi-automated procedures with strict demands for quality assurance.
This position will:
- Perform routine testing of clinical specimens for the detection of the bacteria, Chlamydia trachomatis and the bacteria, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, in accordance with protocols in the laboratory's procedure manual. The procedure is a highly technical standardized automated method for nucleic acid amplification testing (NAAT).
- Perform, on an as-needed basis, routine, non-routine and reference testing of clinical specimens for the detection of the bacteria, Treponema pallidum, in accordance with protocols in the laboratory's procedure manual. Procedures include a variety of standardized non-automated and semi-automated serologic tests to detect reagin or antibodies to syphilis, including flocculation tests and enzyme immunoassay (EIA).
- Share responsibility with coworkers for quality assurance and management of the NAAT methodology for the detection of chlamydia and gonorrhea and various methodologies for detection of reagin and antibodies to syphilis.
- Interpret data and report test results and interpretations accurately and in a timely manner.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree in medical technology, chemistry, or a biological science from an appropriately accredited institution; or Associate's degree in medical technology from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of medical laboratory experience.
Laboratory Improvement Consultant posted 11/30/2016
Position Description: The NC State Laboratory of Division of Public Health provides certain medical and environmental laboratory services (testing, consultation and training) to public and private health provider organizations responsible for the promotion, protection and assurance of the health of North Carolina citizens.
This position resides in the Laboratory Improvement Unit of the North Carolina State Laboratory of Public Health (NCSLPH) in Raleigh, North Carolina. This unit organizes and presents both technical and managerial programs relevant to clinical and environmental laboratories. The unit also ensures continuing education opportunities are available to internal employees at the State Laboratory. Training formats include live workshops, webinars, seminars and online self-studies.
Some of the functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Identifying training needs, designing and conducting training to meet those needs
• Evaluating the rapidly developing changes in laboratory technology so that information is up-to-date and relevant
• Overseeing the procurement and distribution of gonorrhea selective media to county health departments statewide
• Working closely with the NC HIV/STD Prevention and Care Branch to manage the contract which provides this service.
Overnight travel may occasionally be required when trainings are presented offsite.
Requirements: Candidates must have at least a bachelor’s degree in medical technology or a biological science and three years of experience in a medical or health-related laboratory.
Contact Info: NC Division of Public Health’s Human Resources Office can be reached at 919-707-5450.
The NC State Lab of Public Health can be reached at 919-733-7834.
WAKEMED HEALTH AND HOSPITALS - RALEIGH CAMPUS
Medical Technologist - Transfusion Service posted 11/22/2016
Full-time, night shift. More information and application at: http://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_wakemed/external/jobDetails.do?functionName=getJobDetail&jobPostId=40197&localeCode=en-us
Current Listings may be found at http://www.unchealthcare.org/site/humanresources/employment
STATE OF NC
Current Office of State Personnel Listings may be found at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/northcarolina
VA HOSPITAL - DURHAM
Through an Affiliation Agreement, UNC CLS students participate in training rotations at the Durham VAMC Laboratory. The Durham VA Laboratory encourages the new Graduates who are interested in a career at the VA to contact the Lab Manager at 919-286-0411 ext. 6496.