Applicants to the PhD program will need:
- To Complete the Graduate School's on-line application:
- Graduate School application for domestic students or Graduate School application for international students.
Note: The online application will be available after August 22, 2012 and the application fee is $ 85.00
- GRE scores (must have been taken within the preceding 5 years)
- TOEFL scores (if the applicant's first language is not English)
- Unofficial transcripts from all post-secondary educational institutions
- Personal Statement detailing related experiences, personal and professional goals, rationale for pursuing doctoral education in occupational science, proposed content area for specialization
- Three letters of recommendation (when feasible the letter should address the applicant's potential for success in a doctoral program)
- Current resume or Curriculum Vitae
Application for admission in the Fall Semester must be completed by the second Tuesday in June. Under exceptional situations, we may consider applications for the Spring Semester. Please contact. The deadline for the Spring Semester is October 9, 2012.
Fall admission is required if the applicant wants to be considered for an assistantship. The deadline for the application is by the second Tuesday of December (December 11, 2012).
Unofficial transcripts, CV/Resume and your Personal Statement are uploaded to the online application to the Graduate School.
Dr. Ruth Humphry, Director
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Department of Allied Health Sciences
Division of Occupational Science & Occupational Therapy
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7122