Scholarship, Grant, and Award Information
- The June C. Allcott Fellowship
- Thorpe / Mitchell Diversity Leadership Development Award
- UNC Hospitals Volunteer Association’s Allied Health Sciences Fellowships
- The Medical Alumni Association Loyalty Fund Scholarships
- Click here or on the link above to open the pdf form.
- Read and follow all the instructions at the top of the form.
- Save the form on your computer and complete the form in Adobe Reader, not in Preview mode, especially
if you are using a Mac.
- Upload (do not email)the completed pdf and any necessary supporting materials by May 31 at 11:59 p.m. using the electronic form located here:
Scholarship Application Upload Link
- If you have questions, please email Perry Studevent at email@example.com.
- The 2014-15 Thorpe/Mitchell Award is open to applicants from the Divisions of Clinical Laboratory Science and Radiologic Science. The 2015-16 Award will be open to applicants from the Divisions of Occupational Therapy and Occupational Science, Physical Therapy, Speech and Hearing Sciences, and Rehabilitation Counseling and Psychology.
Division/Program Specific Scholarships and Awards
- Clinical Laboratory Science
- Occupational Science
- Physical Therapy
- Radiologic Sciences
- Rehabilitation Counseling and Psychology
- Speech and Hearing Sciences
- UNC NeuroDiagnostics and Sleep Science Program Scholarships
The UNC Hospitals Volunteer Association has generously provided emergency assistance funds to help UNC Allied Health Students. The Department of Allied Health Sciences has a faculty committee to assist students with emergency needs and special financial requests related to education that arise during school. Please talk to any member of the committee and note that there are representatives from each Division of Allied Health Sciences.
Students are eligible for the UNCH Auxiliary emergency grant funds for reasons of a severe financial hardship for which the student has an immediate need for financial assistance. There may be occasions when emergency circumstances, defined as unforeseen, unplanned and unavoidable events, demand immediate attention and require a student to secure funds on short notice. Examples include a student’s medical emergency, threatened foreclosure or eviction from a primary residence or inability to provide basic necessities (food, clothing, medicine).
The financial aid committee members are as follows:
Laine Stewart – firstname.lastname@example.org - CLS
Linn Wakeford – email@example.com -OS
Lisa Johnston – firstname.lastname@example.org - PT
Lauren Noble – email@example.com - RS
Lisa Domby – firstname.lastname@example.org -SLP
Brenda Mitchell – email@example.com –Student Services
Kyle Gray – firstname.lastname@example.org - Development
Perry Studevent - email@example.com - Student Services