Certificate in Radiography Application Process
- US citizen or legal permanent resident
- minimum requirement of an associates degree (AAS, AA, AS, AGE) with an overall GPA of 2.8 or higher
- post-secondary (college-transferable) biology, anatomy and physiology, and algebra courses* with a grade of "B" or higher with a preferred completion within the past 5 years.
- completion of a minimum of three observation experiences including a variety of radiographic procedures in radiography clinical settings (see Clinical Observation Experience)
- completion of oral and written interviews
- resident of Alamance, Caswell, Orange, Chatham, Person, Lee, or Durham counties
- work experience with the public and/or healthcare experience
*Applications may be submitted prior to completing all prerequisite course requirements. All students must have all prerequisite courses completed by May 15.
THE DIVISION OF RADIOLOGIC SCIENCE IS NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ENROLLMENT IN THE RADIOGRAPHY CERTIFICATE PROGRAM FOR MAY 2017. Continue to check the website for updates regarding the application deadlines for 2018.
Forms and Documentation
Consideration for admission to the Division of Radiologic Science requires appropriate completion and submission of each of the following forms by posted deadline.
- Applicant Data Form
-residents of Alamance, Caswell, Orange, Chatham, Lee or Durham counties must submit proof of residency
[two of the following items are allowable: birth certificate; driver's license; letter from employer with employment dates; county tax record]
-all applicants must provide proof of US citizenship or permanent residency
[one of the following items is allowable: U.S. Passport, Certificate of U.S. Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization, Original or certified copy of birth certificate, U.S. Citizen ID card, or ID card for use of Resident Citizen in the US]
- Demographic Sheet (used for reporting purposes only)
-removed before application is sent to the admissions committee
- Reference Forms (2)
-appropriate references include: faculty, work or volunteer experience supervisors
- Clinical Observation Records
- must provide documentation citing completion of a minimum three observation experiences including a variety of radiographic procedures in radiography clinical settings
- Mailback Forms (2)
-include your address and add appropriate postage
- Official Transcripts
-all post-secondary education
Send ALL forms to:
Division of Radiologic Science
CB #7130, Bondurant Hall: Suite 3050
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7130
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Admissions Policy**
All qualified persons are equally welcome to seek admission to The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and all persons may apply for and accept confident that the policy and regular practice of the institution will not discriminate against them on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Any complaints alleging failure of this institution to follow this policy should be brought to the attention of the Assistant to the Chancellor.
** Please consult the 2015-2016 UNC Undergraduate Bulletin (http://www.unc.edu/res-aca/catalogs/ugb/admissions.html) for full statement.