*Applications for the next class beginning May 2014
will be available and open November 1, 2013.*
Certificate in Radiography Application Process
(application period closed for program beginning Fall 2012)
- US citizen or legal permanent resident
- minimum requirement of an associates degree (AAS, AA, AS, AGE) with an overall GPA of 2.8 or higher
- post-secondary (college-transferable) biology, anatomy and physiology, and algebra courses* with a grade of "B" or higher (if not already achieved in associate degree or other degrees earned)
- completion of a minimum of three observation experiences including a variety of radiographic procedures in radiography clinical settings (see Clinical Observation Experience)
- completion of oral and written interviews
- resident of Alamance, Caswell, Orange, Chatham, Person, Lee, or Durham counties
- work experience with the public and/or healthcare experience
*Applications may be submitted prior to completing all prerequisite course requirements. All students must have all prerequisite courses completed by August 15.
The Division of Radiologic Science may use multiple admissions review cycles if the Radiography class is not filled by candidates following the first application deadline. Eligible students who are not selected during the first admissions review period will be reviewed automatically for admission during subsequent admissions review periods. Applications for admission for Fall 2012 will be accepted until June 10, 2012. All application materials must be submitted by this date.
First Application Deadline: (application period closed for program beginning Fall 2012)
Second Application Deadline: (application period closed for program beginning Fall 2012)
Forms and Documentation
Consideration for admission to the Division of Radiologic Science requires appropriate completion and submission of each of the following forms by posted deadline.
- Applicant Data Form
-residents of Alamance, Caswell, Orange, Chatham, Person, Lee, or Durham counties must submit proof of residency
[two of the following items are allowable: birth certificate; driver's license; letter from employer with employment dates; county tax record]
-all applicants must provide proof of US citizenship or permanent residency
[one of the following items is allowable: U.S. Passport, Certificate of U.S. Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization, Original or certified copy of birth certificate, U.S. Citizen ID card, or ID card for use of Resident Citizen in the US]
- Demographic Sheet (used for reporting purposes only)
-removed before application is sent to the admissions committee
- Reference Forms (2)
-appropriate references include: faculty, work or volunteer experience supervisors
- Clinical Observation Records
- must provide documentation citing completion of a minimum three observation experiences including a variety of radiographic procedures in radiography clinical settings
- Mailback Forms (2)
-include your address and add appropriate postage
- Official Transcripts
-all post-secondary education
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Admissions Policy**
All qualified persons are equally welcome to seek admission to The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and all persons may apply for and accept confident that the policy and regular practice of the institution will not discriminate against them on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Any complaints alleging failure of this institution to follow this policy should be brought to the attention of the Assistant to the Chancellor.
** Please consult the 2012-2013 UNC Undergraduate Bulletin (http://www.unc.edu/res-aca/catalogs/ugb/admissions.html) for full statement.