Thank you for your interest in The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's Division of Radiologic Science. We have great pride in our educational programs and profession and want to recruit students who will continue the standards of excellence with which we practice. Faculty, staff, current students, and alumni consider it a priority to assist each prospective student in gaining knowledge about radiologic science. An informed applicant is much more likely to succeed in coursework and later find him/herself engaged in a successful, rewarding career.
- Medical Imaging- Bachelor of Science Program Admissions Information
- Radiography- Certificate Program Admissions Information
- Radiologist Assistant- Masters of Radiologic Science Program Admissions Information
Carefully review the descriptions, prerequisite criteria, observation opportunities, coursework, and career options for each of our educational programs. Further information can be obtained by contacting the individuals listed for each program.
In addition to our Web site, we strongly recommend that you investigate radiologic science using multiple sources. The following list includes several opportunities/contacts:
- Radiologic Science Awareness Night Program- recruitment event held twice each year at UNC-CH (dates TBA)
- UNC General College Advisors (for current UNC students) or off-campus guidance counselors
- Radiologic Science from a Student's Perspective
- High school health occupations/careers teachers
- Local hospital volunteer services
- UNC-CH Radiologic Science alumni in your local area (contact our office for detailed information)
- Local radiology facilities
- AHEC (North Carolina Area Health Education Centers)
- ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists)