The program combines academic preparation with direct field experience in many different public and private rehabilitation settings, thus providing students with a strong applied base in service delivery that is grounded in theory and current research. We invite you to view our Program Curriculum (pdf).
Specialty Track Requirements
By the end of Fall semester Year 1, students will identify their specialty track. Students select either the Developmental Disabilities (DD) track or the Psychiatric Disability (PD) track. Track requirements include:
- RPSY 814: Introduction to Developmental Disability and Psychiatric Disability
- RPSY 816: Advanced Developmental Disabilities or RPSY 818: Advanced Psychiatric Disabilities
- RPSY 818: Advanced Recovery Oriented Practice and RPSY 805: Evidence-Based Psychiatric Rehabilitation
- Research paper/project/thesis related to the population
- RPSY 810: Internship with the population (See Section VI of the Handbook)