For questions pertaining to information on this page, please contact Wesley Winkelman at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 919.966.9471.
News and Updates
FY 2012-13 Fringe Benefit Rates
The Office of Sponsored Research has released the Fringe Benefits for the 2012-13 Fiscal Year. They are as follows:
- 22.04% of all EPA/SPA salaries (previously 21.1%) (EPA, SPA)
- $5,192 Annual Hospitalization Medical Premium (previously $4,931) (SPA, EPA)
- $2,694 Graduate Student Health Insurance (Graduate Students only)
- $3,523 Postdoctoral Research Associate Health Insurance (Postdocs only)
Postdocs also receive 8.78% of their salary in benefits.
UNC research resources (Center for Faculty Excellence)
The Center for Faculty Excellence provides Carolina faculty holistic support across the entire spectrum of professional development: instruction, research, and leadership skills. The Center also provides support to graduate instructors through a wide range of activities and resources. The Center provides:
- Resources to individuals who wish to improve their effectiveness as instructors and mentors.
- Support and guidance for designing, funding and undertaking successful research on campus.
- Advice and training for faculty members taking on campus leadership roles
They can be found at the following link:
Community of Science (COS) Database
The GrantSource Library has made available to Allied Health Sciences information and resources regarding advanced searches within the Community of Science (COS) Database.
COS is the leading global resource for hard-to-find information critical to scientific research and other projects across all disciplines, with more than 25,000 records worth over $33 billion and is an invaluable tool for any potential grants.
Please let Wesley Winkelman know if you are interested in these tips for finding funding opportunities for you or your division.
General Funding Databases
- Community of Science (COS) - the leading Internet site for the global R&D community.
- InfoEd International (SPIN)
- SRA International Grants Web Resources
- Grants.gov - List of all federal funding opportunities
- National Institutes of Health
- NIH Office of Extramural Research [OER] - Everything you ever wanted to know about NIH grants!
- NIH Institutes and Centers - List of all NIH Institutes, Centers and Offices
- K-Kiosk (NIH) - Information on all NIH Career Development Awards
- NRSA Individual and Institutional Training Awards
- Types of Research Grant Programs (NIH)
- Guide to Grants and Contracts (NIH)
- CRISP - Computer Retrieval of Information on Scientific Projects: Database of Awarded Grants. Good source for what has been funded by topic, site, or author.
- eRA Commons Log-in (NIH) - Required for submission thru Grants.gov
- Peer Review at NIH (Video) - A great video of the peer review process in action at the NIH. Watch before you send in the grant
- Agency for Health Care Policy and Research
- CDC - Centers for Disease Control Grant Information
- Federal Register - The Federal Register is the official daily publication for rules, proposed rules, and notices of Federal agencies and organizations.
- HRSA - Health Resources and Services Administration Homepage
- U.S. Department of Education
- Foundation Center - Good source for foundation funding
- Aging Resources - Link to Institute on Aging Page
- Alfred B. Sloan
- Duke Endowment
- Cure Autism Now (CAN)
- Kate B. Reynolds Foundation
- Autism Speaks
- National Alliance for Autism Research (NAAR)
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- NC Biotechnology Center
- NEC Foundation of America
- Find Other Researchers - Searchable database for researchers nationally, UNC, or just UNC Chapel Hill
- UNC School of Medicine List of Funding Agencies
- University Research Council Grant - Faculty seed grants
- The North Carolina Translational and Clinical Sciences Institute (TraCS)
- University Special Awards
- Carolina Internal Funding Database
- Cecil G. Sheps Center Training Program
- The Odum Institute for Research
- Frank Porter Graham
- Linberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Institute on Aging
- Grant Source Library
- UNC Injury Prevention Research Center
For assistance within DAHS please contact the Contracts and Grant Administrative Officer, at email@example.com or 966-9471.
- DAHS Presubmission Form - Must be filled out for all grant submissions, internal or external. Please submit to the Contracts and Grants Administrator.
- DAHS Contracts and Grants Policy (word document - revised 3/20/08 )
- These policies apply to all grants and contracts on which a DAHS faculty member may be involved, as PI or as an Investigator/ Participant
- PHS 398 (NIH)
- PHS 2590 Annual Report (NIH)
- PHS 416 NRSA
- SF 424 (R&R) (NIH)
- UNC Internal Processing Form (RAMSeS) - Electronic IPF: use your ONYEN or SOM ID to log-in
- UNC Office of Sponsored Research Forms
- UNC School of Medicine Research Forms & Processing
- Center for Health Statistics Research
- Department of Statistics, Consulting Service
- Odum Institute for Research in Social Science (IRSS)
- FPG Design and Statistical Computing Services
- HPDP Biostatistical Support (BSU)
OTHER RESEARCH RESOURCES
Protection of Human Subjects/Research Participants :
- Office of Human Research Ethics (OHRE)
- Human Research Required Education - CITI Online Course, Human Research Ethics Training Database
- HIPAA Addendum to Consent Form - Found under the second header under "Consent"
- This extra form is required by the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) to get participants' permission (authorization) to use health information created by or used in connection with research.
- NIH OER Human Subjects Website
- Federal Drug Administration (FDA)
- General Clinical Research Center
- HIPAA Resources
- Investigational Drug Service: Required for all Drug Studies
UNC-Chapel Hill/Hospital Resources:
- UNC-CH Office of Sponsored Research (OSR)
- UNC Office of Sponsored Research - Grant Processing Policy
- UNC OSR Research Toolkits (Including "Identifying Funding Opportunities)
- UNC-CH Office of Clinical Trials (OCT) - All Industry sponsored research (i.e device trials, drug trials, etc.)
- UNC-CH Office of Research Development (ORD)
- Office of Technology Development (OTD)
- UNC Core Facilities Listing