Fringe Benefit Rates
Fiscal Year 2013-2014
- EPA/SPA Fringe Rates: 22.4% plus $5,285/FTE in health insurance (up from 22.04% and $5,192/FTE in health insurance in FY12-13).
- Postdoc Rates: 8.9% plus $3,636/FTE in health insurance (up from 8.78% and $3,523/FTE in health insurance).
- Graduate Student Rates: $2,823/FTE in health insurance (up from $2,694/FTE in health insurance).
- Hourly Employees: 8.9% in fringes (no health insurance) (up from 8.78%)
The full memo can be found here: http://research.unc.edu/files/2013/08/fringe_14.pdf
Fiscal Year 2012-2013
The new health insurance and fringe benefit rates have been released for the FY 12-13 year. They are as follows:
- For full-time permanent EPA/SPA employees: 22.04% (Previous Year: 21.1%)
- Post Doc Appointees and Grad Students (Depends on type of Award): 8.78% (Previous Year: 8.22%)
Health Insurance (Full Year)
- Full-time Permanent EPA/SPA employees: $5,191.92 (Previous Year: $4,931.28)
- Post Doctoral Trainees: $3,522.84 (Previous Year: $3,254.16)
- Post Doctoral Research Associates: $3,522.84 (Previous Year: $3,254.16)
- Grad. Student Health Insurance: $2,693.64 (Previous Year: $2,590.08)
Details can be found here: http://research.unc.edu/offices/sponsored-research/resources/DATA_RES_OSR_INFOSHEET#fringe2
Fiscal Year 2011-2012
The Office of Sponsored Research has released the Fringe Benefits for the 2011-12 Fiscal Year. They are as follows:
- 21.1% of all EPA/SPA salaries (previously 20.2%) (EPA, SPA)
- $4,931 Annual Hospitalization Medical Premium (previously $4,929) (SPA, EPA)
- $2,590 Graduate Student Health Insurance (Graduate Students only)
- $3,254 Postdoctoral Research Associate Health Insurance (Postdocs only)
Postdocs also receive 8.22% of their salary in benefits.
Updated July 31, 2012