"Supporting Self-Determination in People with Aphasia"
Authors: Katarina L. Haley, PhD, CCC-SLP, Jennifer L. Womack, MA, MS, OTR/L; Nancy Helm-Estabrooks, ScD, CCC-SLP; Denise Caignon MS, CCC-SLP; and Karen McCulloch PhD, PT
Illustrator: Stuart Helm
The LIV Cards:
- Allow direct communication with your client, family member, or friend with aphasia (or other language difficulties) about valued life activities
- Facilitate goal-setting in therapeutic sessions, assessments, and everyday conversations
- Contain engaging black-and-white drawings depicting life activities in four categories: Home & Community, Creative & Relaxing, Physical, and Social
- Include materials to communicate about mood states and activity adaptation
The LIV Cards consist of a boxed set complete with:
- Instruction manual
- Reproducible scoring sheets
- (95) ninety-five durable activity cards
- (2) two symbol cards to support sorting the activity cards
- (11) eleven emotion cards to identify mood states
- (7) seven adaptation cards showing alternative ways of engaging in activities
- (6) six composite cards showing conversation category
The LIV Cards are available for online orders and secure credit card payment. Each set is shipped separately via US Mail. Please allow 10 working days for shipping and handling within the US and slightly longer for international orders. Please contact us via email if you wish to use a different form of payment. All proceeds from LIV Card sales are used to support programming for people with aphasia.
NOTE: Please use Mozilla Firefox or Safari browsers when ordering. The use of Internet Explorer may result in technical difficulties. We are working to solve the problem. If you encounter difficulties when attempting to place an order, please email us: email@example.com
The shorter url for this website is: www.livcards.org
We are actively conducting research and continuing development, so be sure to check back soon for updates on the LIV Project
The team welcomes your interest in collaboration and feedback regarding use of the cards. You can reach us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Haley, KL, Womack, JL, Helm-Estabrooks, N, Caignon, D, McCulloch, KL, (2010). The Life Interest and Values Cards. Chapel Hill, NC: University of North Carolina Department of Allied Health Sciences.
*Note: Score Sheets may be reproduced for teaching and clinical purposes. Duplication of this material for commercial use is prohibited.