- Au.D. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 2007
- B.S. Middle Tennessee State University 2001
- Traditional and implantable hearing technologies
- Professional ethics and industry involvement in clinical education
- Mitigating socioeconomic barriers for accessing amplification
- Societal awareness of abuse among individuals with communicative disorders
Dr. William Hoole joined the UNC Division of Speech and Hearing Sciences faculty as a Clinical Assistant Professor in 2014. His diverse education and work experience that began in the 1990's involves acoustics and sound production, business administration, and social work. It is his love of sound and his passion for helping individuals and families that led him to pursue a doctoral degree in audiology in 2003.
In addition to serving patients at the UNC Hearing and Communication Center, Dr. Hoole's academic responsibilities include course instruction and practicum coordination for audiology graduate students.
Dr Hoole is a licensed audiologist in both North and South Carolina. He has served on the South Carolina Academy of Audiology (SCAA) board for the last three years, where he has been a member since 2003 and is currently finishing his term as Past President.