The Clinical Doctorate in Audiology (AuD) and Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology (MS-SLP) will use the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS) for 2014-15 admissions.
That application opens September 18 at https://portal.csdcas.org/. Upon submitting the CSDCAS application, you will receive an e-mail directing you to the UNC supplemental application. (Please be patient as this process can take up to 48 hours)
Your CSDCAS application must be e-submitted by Dec. 3, 2013 in order to receive a full review by the admissions committee. This is almost two weeks earlier than the date posted on the CSDCAS website.
December 3 is the e-submit deadline for UNC.
What is CSDCAS?
CSDCAS is an application service that simplifies the process of applying to communication science programs. CSDCAS will verify your application for accuracy, calculate your GPA, and send your application to as many communication science programs you wish to designate who utilize this service.
Telephone: (617) 612-2030
Recommended Before Applying
- Request copies of transcripts in order to aid you in filling out the coursework portion of the CSDCAS application.
- Compose your personal essay(s) in a word processor. Please note CSDCAS has a character limit of 5500 characters, including spacing, line breaks, etc. It has been found that Notepad’s character count is more reflective of CSDCAS’ than the system employed by Microsoft Word.
Creating an Account
When creating an account, please supply an email address that is separate from your current school email address such as gmail or yahoo. Remember to include as much of your name in this email as possible.
Before You E-Submit Your Application
- Use the Transcript Request Form to have all official transcripts sent to CSDCAS. You must first list your school in the Colleges and Universities Attended section of your CSDCAS application. You should then print the CSDCAS Official Transcript Request Form (the yellow button found to the left of each school listed) and give that to your Registrar’s Office to include with your transcript when it is mailed to CSDCAS. Please direct the Office of Registrars to send your transcripts to the following address:
CSDCAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9113
Watertown, MA 02471
- If your school only accepts online transcript requests, please include the word “CSDCAS” and your CSDCAS ID NUMBER in the address you wish to have the transcript sent to.
- Print your application for your records. Make sure all information is accurate. Refunds cannot be made once your application has been submitted.
Updating the Application/Academic Update
If you e-submit your application prior to January 15, 2014 (which everyone will have to do for this application cycle), you will qualify to update your coursework ONCE between December 15, 2013 and February 15, 2014.
DEADLINES – YOU WILL BE APPLYING IN TWO DIFFERENT APPLICATION SYSTEMS
- December 3, 2013 – CSDCAS Application (Part One)
- Your CSDCAS application must be e-submitted by December 3, 2013 in order to receive a full review by the admission committee. This is almost 2 weeks earlier than the date posted on the CSDCAS website. December 3, 2013 is the e-submit deadline for UNC. A complete CSDCAS application includes:
- All U.S. and English speaking Canadian official transcripts must be sent to CSDCAS*
- You must e-submit your online CSDCAS application
- All application fees must be paid to CSDCAS ($100 for the first school, $45 for each additional school)
*You can submit your application BEFORE your transcripts are posted to your account. You will still be considered as part of the applicant pool even if your transcripts are not posted to your account as of December 3rd.
- Acceptable payments in CSDCAS are Visa, Mastercard or mailing in a money order
NO personal checks
- December 17, 2013 – UNC Supplemental Application (Part Two)
- Once you have submitted your CSDCAS application, we will direct you to the supplemental application in ApplyYourself. In this section you will complete the following:
- Upload unofficial transcripts from all schools you have attended
- Answer residency and honor code questions
- List institutions attended
- Pay supplemental fee of $85
- Acceptable payments in ApplyYourself are Visa, Mastercard, check or money order
Submitting your materials early helps ensure timely processing and avoids costly delays.
You can check the status of your application in ApplyYourself. Decisions will be made around the first week of March.