The PhD program is designed to prepare future scholars who will provide leadership and contribute to the knowledge base in speech, language, and hearing sciences. The program offers direct training in research, teaching, technology, and service delivery.
The primary goals are to recruit, educate and graduate individuals who will:
- Engage in programmatic basic or clinical research
- Facilitate interdisciplinary efforts in research, personnel preparation, and service delivery
- Develop effective procedures for translating research to clinical practice
- Create and share innovations in the use of technology and teleclinical applications
- Offer state-of-the art learning and mentoring experiences for future generations of students and practicing professionals