The Primary goals of the program are to recruit, educate and graduate individuals who will:
- Engage in programmatic basic or clinical research
- Facilitate interdisciplinary efforts in research, personnel preparation, and service delivery
- Develop effective procedures for translating research to clinical practice
- Create and share innovations in the use of technology and teleclinical applications
- Offer state-of-the art learning and mentoring experiences for future generations of students and practicing professionals
The doctoral program in Speech and Hearing Sciences emphasizes programs of study appropriate to each student's particular interests and to the high standards for dissertation research expected by the UNC-CH Graduate School.