- Molecular Basis for Ethanol-GABA Interactions
- Molecular Basis of Ethanol Action on NMDA Receptors
- CNS Transmitters Involved in Withdrawal-Induced Anxiety Gene Therapy and Seizures
- Theory of the Role of Stress in Relapse in Alcoholism
- Neurobiology of Lesch-Nyhan Disease
- Neurobiology of Anti-Depressant Drugs
- Neurobiology of D1 Dopamine Receptors
Center Line Articles
- Breese Laboratory Elucidates Mechanisms of Stress in Alcohol Relapse (Vol. 20, No. 2, 2009)
- Breese Laboratory Advances Kindling Model as Framework for Understanding the Behavioral Pathology of Alcoholism (Vol. 17, No.2, 2006)
- When Abstinence Can Be Harmful: The Dangers of Repeated Withdrawals from Alcohol
Models of chronic alcohol exposure and dependence. Knapp DJ, Breese GR. Methods Mol Biol. 2012;829:205-30.
Neuropeptide Y signaling modulates the expression of ethanol-induced behavioral sensitization in mice. Hayes DM, Fee JR, McCown TJ, Knapp DJ, Breese GR, Cubero I, Carvajal F, Lerma-Cabrera JM, Navarro M, Thiele TE. Addict Biol. 2012 Mar;17(2):338-50. doi: 10.1111/j.1369-1600.2011.00336.x. Epub 2011 Jul 18.
Effects of a stressor and corticotrophin releasing factor on ethanol deprivation-induced ethanol intake and anxiety-like behavior in alcohol-preferring P rats. Knapp DJ, Overstreet DH, Huang M, Wills TA, Whitman BA, Angel RA, Sinnett SE, Breese GR. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2011 Nov;218(1):179-89. Epub 2011 Jun 4.
Cytokine involvement in stress may depend on corticotrophin releasing factor to sensitize ethanol withdrawal anxiety. Knapp DJ, Whitman BA, Wills TA, Angel RA, Overstreet DH, Criswell HE, Ming Z, Breese GR. Brain Behav Immun. 2011 Jun;25 Suppl 1:S146-54. Epub 2011 Mar 4.
Chronic alcohol neuroadaptation and stress contribute to susceptibility for alcohol craving and relapse. Breese GR, Sinha R, Heilig M. Pharmacol Ther. 2011 Feb;129(2):149-71.
Ethanol-enhanced GABA release: a focus on G protein-coupled receptors. Kelm MK, Criswell HE, Breese GR. Brain Res Rev. 2011 Jan 1;65(2):113-23.
Interactions of stress and CRF in ethanol-withdrawal induced anxiety in adolescent and adult rats. Wills TA, Knapp DJ, Overstreet DH, Breese GR. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2010 Sep 1;34(9):1603-12.
The PLC/IP 3 R/PKC pathway is required for ethanol-enhanced GABA release. Kelm MK, Weinberg RJ, Criswell HE, Breese GR. Neuropharmacology. 2010 Jun;58(7):1179-86.
Corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) sensitization of ethanol withdrawal-induced anxiety-like behavior is brain site specific and mediated by CRF-1 receptors: relation to stress-induced sensitization. Huang MM, Overstreet DH, Knapp DJ, Angel R, Wills TA, Navarro M, Rivier J, Vale W, Breese GR. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2010 Jan;332(1):298-307.
A selective ALDH-2 inhibitor reduces anxiety in rats. Overstreet DH, Knapp DJ, Breese GR, Diamond I. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2009 Dec;94(2):255-61.