The American Medical Association Medical Student Section (AMA-MSS) of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine (UNC-SOM) is dedicated to representing medical students, improving medical education, developing leadership, and promoting activism for the health of America.
- Advocacy: Caring advocates for our patients, our profession, and our medical student members.
- Leadership: The stewards of the future of medicine.
- Excellence: Commitment to provide the highest quality service, products, and information for our members.
- Integrity: Ethical behavior forms the basis for trust in all our relationships and actions.
The AMA-MSS strives to be the medical students' leading voice for improving medical education, advancing health care and advocating for the future of medicine.
With projects, programs, and activities, the AMA-MSS UNC-SOM will pursue being:
- The leading medical student organization for advancing issues of public wellness, cummunity service, ethics, and health policy;
- The principal source for obtaining and disseminating information for medical students regarding medical education, residency training, and medical practice;
- The most representative voice and influential advocate for medical studnets and their patients;
- A dynamic organization that provides value for its medical student members