This group will meet approximately once per month and lunch will be provided for those who register. (Open to non-AOE members--all are welcome.)
This group will be led by Dr. Deb Bynum. The exactly format of the discussion will be decided upon at the first meeting and will likely change slightly from one month to the next, based on the needs of the group. That said, the primary purpose of the group will remain constant throughout the meetings and include some combination of the following:
- Discuss participant research projects and encourage development and submission
- Provide feedback to works in progress
- Develop timelines to keep individual projects moving
- Brainstorm potential research ideas and outlets for publication
- Bring in guest presenters pertaining to specific research design and methods when there is group interest
The first three meetings times/dates have been set and are listed below: April 3, April 24, and May 22. All meetings will be from 12:00 -1:00pm in Bondurant 3074. We realize these times may not work for your schedule and apologize in advance for those who would like to attend but have other obligations at these times. Please keep in mind you do not need to attend all meetings to participate. Come whenever your schedule allows. If you have any questions about this discussion group, please contact Todd Zakrajsek, AOE Teaching Consultant at email@example.com.