Renewal of Membership Process 2015
The renewal of membership application process for the Academy of Educators (AOE) is outlined below. The goals of the Academy are to:
1) Promote and support excellence in teaching and the work and career paths of excellent teachers.
2) Promote and fund curricular innovation, evidence-based curricular change and a scholarly approach to the education mission.
3) Provide a forum for education leadership and advice for the Dean, Vice Dean for Medical Education, and for the leadership of the curriculum.
The AOE, which started in 2006, now has more than 200 faculty and resident members. Each Academy member has a time-limited membership. Those current members who wish renew their membership can apply for renewal using the Renewal of Membership process described below.
2015 Application Timeline
- Tuesday, February 3, 2015 – Call for nominations goes to all SOM chairs and all faculty. All nominations must come from the chair, but interested faculty members are encouraged to discuss with their chair. The nomination can take the form of an e-mail. Membership renewal takes place every five (5) years.
- Tuesday, March 3, 2015 – Deadline for nominations and renewals from department chairs
- Monday, March 23, 2015 – Deadline for receiving completed applications from all nominees and renewals
- Late March, 2015 - Selection Committee meets to select new members
- Early April, 2015 – New members are announced
- Wednesday, May 27, 2015 – Evening of Educational Scholarship and induction of new members
APPLICATION MATERIALS FOR RENEWAL
- Submit an updated CV. Applicants are asked to use the highlighting function in Word to highlight activities, awards, and publications that should be considered in support of this application.
- Request AN EMAIL of support from your department chair. This can be brief, and does not need to include teaching evaluations or other supporting documentation.
- Send a brief letter requesting renewal of your membership.
- List AOE activities that you have participated in over the last 5 years, and tell us which activities you would like to participate in during your future years as an Academy member. (Academy activities include: attendance at Quarterly Meetings, membership on committees or task forces, attendance at or giving a Faculty Development session, participation in Academy surveys, applicant for or recipient of an Academy mini grant or travel award, etc).