- Advanced Practice Selective Orientation.
- Participation in the team based learning activity on Health Care Reform.
- 2 activities from 2 different modules.
- One project (can be from one of the modules from which you have done an activity).
- Complete the online course Quality Improvement 102 on the Institute for Health Improvement (IHI) Website. Email certificate of completion to email@example.com
Additionally there may be other activities, depending on the site. You may refer to the full list of APS courses for an idea of what each course features.
The Cost Conundrum - What a Texas town can teach us about health care, by Atul Gawande (New Yorker)
Bitter Pill: Why Medical Bills Are Killing Us, by Steven Brill (TIME Magazine)
Systems-Based Practice "Kickoff" (Robert Gwyther, MD, MBA)
Visit The Kaiser Family Foundation website to review elements of Systems-Based Practice. Students may choose any header of interest (Health Costs, Uninsured, Women’s Health Policy, Health Reform, Medicaid, Medicare, etc.).
This selective is well suited for you to do alongside your PhD in a longitudinal format.