NOVEMBER 10, 2011
- MEHMET KESIMER, PHD - Research Assistant Professor
"Macromolecular organization of airway mucosal protection: mucins and their partners"
DECEMBER 8, 2011
- THOMAS CHARPENTIER, PHD - Postdoctoral Fellow (John Sondek lab)
"Controlling signaling by Galpha-q in uveal melanoma"
- KAREN CHERKIS - Graduate Student (John Sondek/Jeff Dangl labs)
"Exposing the function of TTSS effectors from P. syringae through structural biology"
JANUARY 12, 2012
- FENG DING, PHD - Research Assistant Professor (Nikolay Dokholyan lab)
"Multiscale modeling of protein folding, misfolding, and aggregation-toward understanding ALS etiology"
JANUARY 26, 2012
- ELIZABETH PROCTOR - Graduate Student (Nikolay Dokholyan lab)
"Glutathionylation promotes misfolding of superoxide dismutase in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis"
- PRADEEP KOTA - Graduate Student (Nikolay Dokholyan lab)
"Oligomerization state as a modulator of ion channel function"
FEBRUARY 9, 2012
- LESLIE PARISE, PHD - Professor and THOMAS C. FREEMAN, PHD - Postdoctoral Fellow
"CIB1 binding to new integrin partners: the expanding role of CIB1 in integrin biology"
FEBRUARY 23, 2012
- LAUREN MITCHELL - Graduate Student (Sharon Campbell lab)
"Redox Regulation of Rac1"
MARCH 8, 2012
- LUCIA STEFANINI, PHD - Research Assistant Professor (Wolfgang Bergmeier lab)
"The C1-like domain of CalDAG-GEFI integrates stimulatory and inhibitory signaling pathways in platelets"
- YACINE BOULAFTALI, PHD - Postdoctoral Fellow (Wolfgang Bergmeier lab)
"Platelet signaling in the maintenance of vascular integrity during inflammation"
MARCH 22, 2012
- SHOBHAN GADDAMEEDHI, PHD - Postdoctoral Fellow (Aziz Sancar lab)
- RUI YE, PHD - Postdoctoral Fellow (Aziz Sancar lab)
APRIL 12, 2012 **4 PM at Top of the Hill (the Great Room)**
- AARON HOBBS - Graduate Student (Sharon Campbell lab)
"Altered cysteine pKa in RhoA leads to increased redox reactivity
- PETER THOMPSON - Graduate Student (Sharon Campbell lab)
"Dynamics of the Vinculin tail in F-actin binding and bundling"
MAY 10, 2012
- MARK POTEMPA - Graduate Student (Ron Swanstrom lab)
"Regulation of HIV-1 protease-mediated processing of the Gag and Gag-Pro-Pol polyproteins"
- SOOK-KYUNG LEE, PHD - Postdoctoral Fellow (Ron Swanstrom lab)
"A novel assay for screening drugs blocking HIV-1 MA/CA cleavage site"
MAY 24, 2012
- MICHAEL LAFFERTY - Research Technician (Saskia Neher lab)
"New insights into the molecular mechanism of Lipoprotein Lipase inhibition"
- JOSEPH FONTANA, PHD - Postdoctoral Fellow (Steve Crews lab)
"Using RNA-seq to study neuronal diversity and differentiation"
***TO SPEAK AT A SIPS EVENT, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR REQUEST TO: JFONTANA@MED.UNC.EDU***