UNC IDEA group consists of the IDEA Lab in the Department of Radiology and the Image Analysis Core Lab in the Biomedical Research Imaging Center (BRIC). The IDEA lab is devoted to the development of novel image analysis methods and tools, and their applications to various clinical research and trials. The developed methods include deformable registration (HAMMER), deformable segmentation (AFDM), and multivariate pattern classification algorithms. These methods have been applied to various studies on brain diseases and development (including MCI, AD, Schizophrenia, and Neonate Development Study), heart, breast cancer, and prostate cancer. The image analysis core in BRIC supports the image storage and analysis needs of scientists in UNC. It also provides services for brain structural and functional analysis, small animal imaging analysis, visualization, and others.
- "Manifold Regularized Multi-task Feature Learning for Multi-modality Disease Classification”, accepted for Human Brain Mapping, 2014. [Biao Jie, Daoqiang Zhang, Bo Cheng, Dinggang Shen]
- “Integrative Analysis of Multi-Dimensional Imaging Genomics Data for Alzheimer’s Disease Prediction”, Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, 2014. [Ziming Zhang, Heng Huang, Dinggang Shen]
- "Disrupted Brain Functional Network in Internet Addiction Disorder: A Resting-State Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging Study", PLoS ONE, 2014. [Chong-Yaw Wee, Zhimin Zhao, Pew-Thian Yap, Guorong Wu, Feng Shi, True Price, Yasong Du, Jianrong Xu, Yan Zhou, Dinggang Shen]
- "Supervised Discriminative Group Sparse Representation for Mild Cognitive Impairment Diagnosis”, Neuroinformatics, 2014. [Heung-Il Suk, Chong-Yaw Wee, Seong-Whan Lee, Dinggang Shen]
- "Non-Negative Spherical Deconvolution (NNSD) for Estimation of Fiber Orientation Distribution Function in Single-/Multi-Shell Diffusion MRI”, accepted for NeuroImage, 2014. [Jian Cheng, Rachid Deriche, Tianzi Jiang, Dinggang Shen, Pew-Thian Yap]