UNC IDEA group consists of the IDEA Lab in the Department of Radiology and the Image Analysis Core Lab in the Biomedical Research Imaging Center (BRIC). The IDEA lab is devoted to the development of novel image analysis methods and tools, and their applications to various clinical research and trials. The developed methods include deformable registration (HAMMER), deformable segmentation (AFDM), and multivariate pattern classification algorithms. These methods have been applied to various studies on brain diseases and development (including MCI, AD, Schizophrenia, and Neonate Development Study), heart, breast cancer, and prostate cancer. The image analysis core in BRIC supports the image storage and analysis needs of scientists in UNC. It also provides services for brain structural and functional analysis, small animal imaging analysis, visualization, and others.
- "Structural and Diffusion Property Alterations in Unaffected Siblings of Patients with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder", accepted for PLOS ONE. [Ziwen Peng, Feng Shi, Changzheng Shi, Guodong Miao, Qiong Yang, Wei Gao, Jason J. Wolff, Raymond C.K. Chan and Dinggang Shen]
- "Identifying Informative Imaging Biomarkers via Tree Structured Sparse Learning for AD Diagnosis", accepted for Neuroinformatics, 2013. [Manhua Liu, Daoqiang Zhang, Dinggang Shen]
- "Integration of Sparse Multi-modality Representation and Anatomical Constraint for Isointense Infant Brain MR Image Segmentation", accepted for Neuroimage, 2013. [Li Wang, Feng Shi, Yaozong Gao, Gang Li, John H. Gilmore, Weili Lin, Dinggang Shen]
- "Latent Feature Representation with Stacked Auto-Encoder for AD/MCI Diagnosis", accepted for Brain Structure and Function, 2013. [Heung-Il Suk, Seong-Whan Lee, Dinggang Shen]
- "Incremental Learning with Selective Memory (ILSM): Towards Fast Prostate Localization for Image Guided Radiotherapy", accepted for IEEE Trans. on Medical Imaging. [Yaozong Gao, Yiqiang Zhan, Dinggang Shen]