UNC IDEA group consists of the IDEA Lab in the Department of Radiology and the Image Analysis Core Lab in the Biomedical Research Imaging Center (BRIC). The IDEA lab is devoted to the development of novel image analysis methods and tools, and their applications to various clinical research and trials. The developed methods include deformable registration (HAMMER), deformable segmentation (AFDM), and multivariate pattern classification algorithms. These methods have been applied to various studies on brain diseases and development (including MCI, AD, Schizophrenia, and Neonate Development Study), heart, breast cancer, and prostate cancer. The image analysis core in BRIC supports the image storage and analysis needs of scientists in UNC. It also provides services for brain structural and functional analysis, small animal imaging analysis, visualization, and others.
- "Online Updating of Context-aware Landmark Detectors for Prostate Localization in Daily Treatment CT Images”, Medical Physics, 2015. [Xiubin Dai, Yaozong Gao, Dinggang Shen]
- "Surface vulnerability of cerebral cortex to major depressive disorder”, accepted for PLOS ONE, 2015. [Daihui Peng*, Feng Shi, Gang Li, Drew Fralick, Ting Shen, Meihui Qiu, Jun Liu, Kaida Jiang, Dinggang Shen*, Yiru Fang] * Co-corresponding authors.
- "Domain Transfer Learning for MCI Conversion Prediction”, accepted for IEEE Trans. on Biomedical Engineering, 2015. [Bo Cheng, Mingxia Liu, Daoqiang Zhang, Brent C. Munsell, Dinggang Shen]
- "Multi-Task Feature Selection via Supervised Canonical Graph Matching for Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder”, accepted for Brain Imaging and Behavior, 2015. [Liye Wang, Chong-Yaw Wee, Xiaoying Tang, Pew-Thian Yap, Dinggang Shen]
- "Multimodal Manifold-Regularized Transfer Learning for MCI Conversion Prediction”, accepted for Brain Imaging and Behavior, 2015. [Bo Cheng, Mingxia Liu, Heung-Il Suk, Dinggang Shen*, Daoqiang Zhang*] *Co-corresponding authors.