UNC IDEA group consists of the IDEA Lab in the Department of Radiology and the Image Analysis Core Lab in the Biomedical Research Imaging Center (BRIC). The IDEA lab is devoted to the development of novel image analysis methods and tools, and their applications to various clinical research and trials. The developed methods include deformable registration (HAMMER), deformable segmentation (AFDM), and multivariate pattern classification algorithms. These methods have been applied to various studies on brain diseases and development (including MCI, AD, Schizophrenia, and Neonate Development Study), heart, breast cancer, and prostate cancer. The image analysis core in BRIC supports the image storage and analysis needs of scientists in UNC. It also provides services for brain structural and functional analysis, small animal imaging analysis, visualization, and others.
- "Semi-Supervised Tripled Dictionary Learning for Standard-dose PET Image Prediction using Low-dose PET and Multimodal MRI”, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 2016. [Yan Wang, Guangkai Ma, Le An, Feng Shi, Pei Zhang, David S. Lalush, Xi Wu, Jiliu Zhou, Dinggang Shen]
- "Abnormal Changes of Brain Cortical Anatomy and the Association with Plasma MicroRNA107 Level in Amnestic Mild Cognitive Impairment”, Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, 2016. [Tao Wang, Feng Shi, Yan Jin, Weixiong Jiang, Dinggang Shen*, Shifu Xiao*] * Corresponding authors
- "Dynamic Tree-Based Image Registration under Large Deformation for Multi-Atlas Segmentation”, Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics, 2016. [Pei Zhang, Guorong Wu, Yaozong Gao, Pew-Thian Yap, Dinggang Shen]
- "Multi-level Canonical Correlation Analysis for Standard-dose PET Image Estimation”, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 2016. [Le An, Pei Zhang, Ehsan Adeli-Mosabbeb, Yan Wang, Guangkai Ma, Feng Shi, David S. Lalush, Weili Lin, Dinggang Shen]
- "High-Order Resting-State Functional Connectivity Network for MCI Classification”, Human Brain Mapping, 2016. [Xiaobo Chen, Han Zhang, Yue Gao, Chong-Yaw Wee, Gang Li, Dinggang Shen]