- All BRIC human imaging equipment and staff offices will relocate to:
125 Mason Farm Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27599
- In order to begin the process of moving to Marsico Hall, the TIM Trio 3T MRI scanner and the Biograph mMR scanner will be ramped down on April 14, 2014. The last day to use the scanners before the move will be Saturday, April 12th. Please remember that Saturday scans are scheduled by special request only and the last full day of operation before the move will be Friday, April 11th.
- Due to the length of time required to ramp, disassemble and reassemble the scanner in the new facility, we are currently not scheduling studies for the Trio during the period between April 13th and May 18th. We will let users know if there are any changes that would allow us to scan earlier than May 19th or would postpone scanning to begin after May 19th.
- Due to the length of time required to ramp, disassemble and reassemble the scanner in the new facility, we are currently not scheduling studies for the Biograph during the period between April 13th and May 26th. We will let users know if there are any changes that would allow us to scan earlier than May 27th or would postpone scanning to begin after May 27th.
- Both the Biograph mMR and TIM Trio will be located on the 1st floor of Marsico Hall. Additionally, there will be a Siemens Biograph mCT on the 1st floor and a Siemens 7T MRI scanner on the sub-basement level. The mCT has already been installed and the 7T scanner arrival date has not yet been determined.
- Human imaging staff offices will also begin the move to the 1st floor of Marsico Hall on April 14, 2014. We do not expect office moves to take very long, and most staff members will be available in Marsico Hall by mid-week. Though phone lines are expected to transfer, we cannot anticipate what difficulties we may encounter with phone service or internet. As such we will make every effort to check voicemail and email as regularly as possible.
- The human imaging scheduling systems will be down on April 15th, as the system is moved and upgraded. If you experience trouble with viewing the scheduler and/or have scheduling needs during this time you should, email email@example.com or call the technologists at 919-843-6194.
- The accessory computer used for fMRI studies on the TIM Trio scanner will be upgraded to Windows 7 during the move. As such, you should be sure that any fMRI task files have been backed up by someone in your lab before the end of the day on April 11th. All files that have not been backed up by your study personnel will be lost.
I hope that you will find our new facility well worth the wait and brief inconvenience. If you have any questions at all regarding the move, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-843-6194. Thank you!
Amber A. Leinwand, BSRT(R)(MR)
BRIC Human Imaging Supervisor