Contact: T 919.966.3544
Currently, our research is focused on rapidly screening and identifying drug delivery platforms for cancer imaging using Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT). Specifically, polymers and nanoparticles are being evaluated as potential imaging agents. Our group uses nanotechnology, nuclear chemistry, and molecular imaging to identify nanomaterials with long blood circulation times and enhanced tumor accumulation.
- Parrott, M.C.; and DeSimone, J.M.; “Relieving PEGylation” Nature Chemistry, 2012, 4, 13-14.
- Parrott, M.C.; Luft, J.C.; Pandya, A.; Finniss, M.C.; Napier, M.E.; and DeSimone, J.M.; “Incorporation and Controlled Release of Silyl Ether Prodrugs from PRINT Nanoparticles” Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2012, 134, 7978–7982. (Featured by Materials Research Society, Dec 2012)
- Benhabbour, S.R.; Luft, J.C.; Kim, D.: Jain, A.;Wadhwa, S.; Parrott, M.C.; Liu, R.; DeSimone, M.J.; Mumper, R.J. “In vitro and In vivo Assessment of Targeting Lipid-based Nanoparticles to the Epidermal Growth Factor-Receptor (EGFR) Using a Novel Heptameric ZEGFR Domain”, Journal of Controlled Release, 2012, 158, 63-71.
- Parrott, M.C.; Luft, J.C.; Byrne, J.D.; Fain, J.H.; Napier, M.E.; and DeSimone, J.M.; “Tunable Bifunctional Silyl Ether Cross-Linkers for the Design of Acid-Sensitive Biomaterials” Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2010, 132, 17928-17932. (Featured in Chemical and Engineering News, Dec 2010, and Nature Chemistry Feb 2011)
- Parrott, M.C.; Luft, J.C.; Fain, J.H.; Napier, M.E.; and DeSimone, J.M.; “pH-Sensitive Silyl Ether Particles for Drug Delivery” PMSE Preprints., 2010, 219-220
- Parrott, M.C.; Benhabbour, S.R,; Saab, C.; Lemon, J.A.; Parker, s.; Valliant, J. F.; Adronov, A. “Synthesis, Radiolabeling, and Bio-imaging of High Generation Dendrimers” Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2009, 131, 2906-2916.
- Benhabbour, S.R,; Parrott, M.C.; Gratton, S.E.A.; Adronov, A. “Synthesis and Properties of Carborane-Containing Dendronized Polymers” Macromolecules, 2007, 40, 5678-5688.
- Parrott, M.C.; Valliant, J. F.; Adronov, A. “Thermally Induced Phase Transition of Carborane-Functionalized Aliphatic Polyester Dendrimers in Aqueous Media” Langmuir, 2006, 22, 5251-5255.
- Parrott, M.C.; Valliant, J. F.; Adronov, A. “High Molecular Weight Dendrimers for Drug Delivery” PMSE Preprints., 2006, 95, 276-277.
- Gratton, S. E. A.; Parrott, M.C.; Adronov, A. “Preparation of Carborane-Containing Polymers by Atom Transfer Radical Polymerization” Journal of Inorganic and Organometallic Polymers and Materials, 2005, 15, 469-475.