Assistant Professor | Director of Small Animal MR Imaging Facility
Departments: Neurology | Biomedical Engineering
High resolution fMRI, Neurovascular coupling, Deep brain stimulation, Stroke
Dr. Shih’s group focuses on developing and applying high-field functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) technologies to study neurovascular functions in animal models. The major projects include: 1) to uncover neural circuit dysfunction in Parkinson’s disease using electrical and optogenetic stimulation and 2) to investigate periinfarct spreading depolarization using dynamic perfusion-diffusion MRI.
1. Shih YY, Chen YY, Lai HY, Kao YC, Shyu BC, Duong TQ, "Ultra high-resolution fMRI and electrophysiology of the rat primary somatosensory cortex," Neuroimage, 2013; 73:113-120.
2. Chen CC, Shih YY, and Chang C, "Dopaminergic imaging of non-motor manifestation in Parkinson disease by fMRI," Neurobiol Dis, 2013; 49:99-106.
3. Shih YY, Li G, Muir ER, De La Garza BH, Kiel JW, and Duong TQ, "Pharmacological MRI of the retina: blood flow and BOLD responses during nitroprusside infusion," Magn Reson Med, 2012; 68(4):1273-8.
4. Lai HY, Liao LD, Lin CT, Chen YY, Tsang S, Chang JY, and Shih YY, "Design and experimental validations of a novel flexible neural probe for deep brain stimulation and multichannel recording, " J Neural Eng, 2012; 9(3):036001.
5. Shih YY, Muir ER, Li G, De La Garza BH, and Duong TQ, "High resolution 3D microangiography of the rat ocular circulation," Radiology, 2012; 264(1):234-241.
6. Shih YY, Chiang YC, Shyu BC, Jaw FS, Duong TQ and Chang C, "Endogenous opioid-dopamine neurotransmission underlie negative CBV fMRI signals" Exp Neurol, 2012; 234(2):382-8.
7. Shih YY, Hsu YH, Duong TQ, Lin SS, Chow KP, and Chang C, "Longitudinal study of tumor-associated macrophages during tumor expansion using MRI," NMR Biomed, 2011; 24(10): 1353–60.
8. Shih YY, Wey HY, De La Garza BH, and Duong TQ, "Striatal and cortical BOLD, blood flow, blood volume, oxygen consumption, and glucose consumption changes in noxious forepaw electrical stimulation," J Cereb Blood Flow Metab, 2011;31(3):832-41.
9. Shih YY, Chen CC, Shyu BC, Lin ZJ, Chiang YC, Jaw FS, Chen YY, and Chang C, "A new scenario for negative functional magnetic resonance imaging signals: endogenous neurotransmision," J Neurosci 2009;29(10):3036-44.
10. Shih YY, Chiang YC, Chen JC, Huang CH, Chen YY, Liu RS, Chang C, and Jaw FS, "Brain nociceptive imaging in rats using 18f-fluorodeoxyglucose small-animal positron emission tomography," Neuroscience, 2008;155(4):1221-6.