Associate Professor, Director of Cyclotron and Radiochemistry Research Program
Contact: email@example.com | T: 919.962.5152
Radiochemistry, Preclinical and translational research
As an Associate Professor of Radiology, my research has been focused on the development and validation of novel radiolabeling methods and multimodality molecular imaging probes for various diseases, including cancer, diabetes, neuro-disease, and cardio vasculature disease. To be more specific, the major efforts of my current research include: 1) developing novel radiochemistry for cancer diagnosis, neuroimaging, cardiac imaging, diabetic research, drug discovery and development, and targeted radionuclide therapy; 2) developing multimodality molecular imaging agents; 3) developing novel nanotechnology and studying its biomedical applications; 4) developing pre-targeted drug delivery system for cancer imaging and therapy; and 5) performing PET related translational research.
The cyclotron and radiochemistry facility is located on the second basement (SB) of the Marsico Hall. The heart of the Radiochemistry Facility include a GE PETtrace cyclotron and a cGMP lab for the production of radioisotopes/radiotracers for clinical/clinical-research use; a research radiochemistry lab (fully equipped with hot cells and automated modules) for large scale production/process optimization of research radiopharmaceuticals; and a small scale R&D lab to develop new labeling reactions and radiopharmaceuticals.
- Liu S, Li D, Guo J, Canale N, Li X, Liu R, Krasnoperov V, Gill PS, Conti PS, Shan H,* Li Z.* Design, Synthesis and Validation of Axl-Targeted Monoclonal Antibody Probe for microPET Imaging in Human Lung Cancer Xenograft. 2014, Mol Pharm, Epub ahead of print.
- Hu H, Li D, Liu S, Wang M, Moats R, Shan H, Conti PS, Li Z*. Integrin α2β1 Targeted GdVO4:Eu ultrathin nanosheet for multimodal PET/MR imaging. 2014, Biomaterials, Epub ahead of print.
- Liu S, Li D, Zhang Z, Prakash GKS, Conti PS, Li Z*. Efficient synthesis of fluorescent-PET probes based on [18F]bodipy dye. Chem Commun, 2014, 50(55):7371-3.
- Wu Z, Li L, Liu S, Yakushijin F, Yakushijin K, Horne D, Conti PS, Li Z*, Kandeel F, Shively J. E*. Facile Preparation of a Thiol-Reactive 18F-Labeling Agent and Synthesis of 18F-DEG-VS-NT for PET Imaging of a Neurotensin Receptor Positive Tumor. J Nucl Med, 2014, 55(7):1178-1184.
- Liu S, Li D, Shan H, Gabbaï FP, Li Z,* Conti PS. Evaluation of 18F-Labeled BODIPY Dye as Potential PET Agents for Myocardial Perfusion Imaging. Nucl Med Biol, 2014, 41(1):120-6.
- Joo KI, Xiao L, Liu S, Liu Y, Lee CL, Conti PS, Wong MK, Li Z,* Wang P.* In vitro and In vivo Evaluation of Stable Liposomal Nanoparticles for Controlled Delivery of Anticancer Drugs. Biomaterials, 2013, 34(12):3098-109.
- Liu S, Li D, Park R, Liu R, Xia Z, Guo J, Krasnoperov V, Gill PS, Li Z,* Shan H,* Conti PS.. PET Imaging of Colorectal and Breast Cancer by Targeting EphB4 Receptor with 64Cu-Labeled hAb47 and hAb131 antibodies. J Nucl Med, 2013, 54(7):1094-100.
- Liu S, Li D, Huang CW, Yap LP, Park R, Shan H, Li ZB*, Conti PS*. "Efficient Construction of PET/Fluorescence Probe Based on Sarcophagine Cage: an Opportunity to Integrate Diagnosis with Treatment", Mol Imaging Biol, 2012;14(6):718-24.
- Li ZB*, Lin TP, Liu S, Huang CW, Hudnall TW, Gabbaï FP*, Conti PS. "Simple and Fast 18F Labeling of a BODIPY Dye for Positron Emission Tomography and Optical Dual Modality Imaging", Chem Commun, 2011, 47(33):9324-6.
- Li Z-B*, Cai H, Hassink M, Blackman ML, Brown R, Conti PS, Fox JM*. "Tetrazine-trans-Cyclooctene Ligation for the Rapid Construction of F-18 Labeled Probes", Chem Commun, 2010, 46, 8043-8045.