MRI safety training is required for all faculty, staff, and students who will work around and inside the MRI magnet rooms or will need access to the area. New users should contact Emilie Kearns to set up a time to attend a new user orientation.
Annual safety training for those affiliated with UNC who have an ONYEN can be found
When you have completed the training please forward Emilie Kearns the confirmation email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must also complete a screening form (see below) and send that to email@example.com or Radiology, CB # 7515, (919) 843-8719.
Those not affiliated with UNC should find a link to the safety power point, a screening form and the quiz below. Please review these items and return the screening form and quiz to Emilie Kearns at firstname.lastname@example.org or Radiology, CB # 7515, (919) 843-8719.
Training on IVIS Optical Imaging System:
Current training dates are:
- 8/4/2014, 2:00-3:30PM, Room SB223 Marsico Hall
- 9/2/2014, 2:00-3:30PM, Room SB223 Marsico Hall
- 10/6/2014, 2:00-3:30PM, Room SB223 Marsico Hall
- 11/3/2014, 2:00-3:00PM, Room SB223 Marsico Hall
- 12/1/2014, 2:00-3:00PM, Room SB223 Marsico Hall
On training day, please come to the BRIC patient waiting area on the first floor of Marsico Hall. We will meet you there are take you to the facility in the building's sub-basement.
Please register the time with. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Marsico Hall SAI Facility Orientation
All users who need to get access to our Small Animal Imaging facility and MUST take the facility orientation. The orientation material can be downloaded from the link below. The access form needs to be filled out after the orientation and submitted to SAI facility staff and approved by the SAI facility before we submit to the ID card office for your card access.
Genetics Medicine Imaging Lab Orientation:
Two systems are placed in the GMB Imaging Lab--IVIS Lumina and the VEVO-2100 Ultrasound. The orientation will be mainly focused on logistics, rules, card access, and dealing with an emergency. Operation of the imaging systems will be only briefly mentioned in the orientation. Users should attend training for either the IVIS system or the ultrasound separately before using the imaging system.
• Anyone that has not approved for working with radioactivity materials should not enter the PET/CT or SPECT/CT lab for any experiments.
• To become an authorized user of radioactive material, you must register with the UNC Environment, Health and Safety Department ( ), and attend the mandatory radiation safety train course ( ).
• Anyone working with the radioactive materials should follow the guidelines for radiation safety, such as wearing radiation badge, wearing gloves to handle RAMs. The radiation safety manual can be found here: Radiation Safety Manual.
Dr. Hong Yuan.