Session 1a: Operations
- Wednesday, November 7th, 2012: 12pm - 5pm
- Thursday, November 8th, 2012: 8am - 5pm
- Friday, November 9th, 2012: 8am - 3pm
Agenda/Topics: Introduction, yearlong assignment for each working group, legal and ethical aspects of EMS, public speaking, communications, medical disaster leadership. Systems analysis and resources, county government model, private model, hospital model, fire-rescue model, other models. Linkage with emergency management and public health.
Session 1b: Finance and Accounting
- Wednesday, January 16th, 2013: 12pm - 5pm
- Thursday, January 17th, 2013: 8am - 5pm
- Friday, January 18th, 2013: 8am - 3pm
Agenda/Topics: Cost analysis, budgets, accounting, financial tools, developing cost templates for day-to-day operations, cost templates for a mass casualty or medical disaster.
Session 2a: Public Information, Marketing, Revenue
- Wednesday, March 20th, 2013: 12pm - 5pm
- Thursday, March 21st, 2013: 8am - 5pm
- Friday, March 22nd, 2013: 8am - 3pm
Agenda/Topics: Public Presentations. FEMA reimbursements and payments for disasters and facility evacuations. Developing Public Safety Announcements (PSAs), publication materials. Negotiation skills, conflict resolution.
Session 2b: Management
- Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013: 12pm - 5pm
- Thursday, May 23rd, 2013: 8am - 5pm
- Friday, May 24th, 2013: 8am - 3pm
Agenda/Topics: Day-to-day operations, peak staffing, deployment strategies, surge staffing, mass casualty response and disaster staffing.
Session 3: Leadership and Innovation, and EMS Revenue
- Wednesday, July 17th, 2013: 12pm - 5pm
- Thursday, July 18th, 2013: 8am - 5pm
- Friday, July 19th, 2013: 8am - 3pm
Agenda/Topics: Creating a team. Team building. Personal development. Presentation skills, packaging and delivering your message, delivering good and difficult news, rumor control. Lead organizations during a disaster. Billing for Services, collections, CMS, Medicaid, commercial payers, stand-by-fees, group presentations. Wrap up and graduation.