On Thursday, February 6, 2014, Bruce Cairns, MD and Ernest Grant, RN, traveled to Concord, North Carolina to attend the annual NCAFC luncheon. Dr. Cairns was the guest speaker at the luncheon. Also during the luncheon Dr. Cairns and Ernest presented the annual North Carolina Jaycee Burn Center Traveling Fire Bucket Award. This award is presented each year to the fire department with the largest contribution based on per capita population. This year's recipient was the Garner Volunteer Fire Department.
Also recognized at the luncheon for their continued support of the North Carolina Jaycee Burn Center with a plaque of Special Recognition were:
- Lee County Chapter Firefighters' Burned Children Fund
- Garner Volunteer Fire Department
- Newell Volunteer Fire Department and Rescue
- Red Knight North Carolina Chapter 6
- Hoke County Fire and Rescue Association
- Lincoln County Firefighters' Burned Children Fund
- Contentnea Volunteer Fire Department
- Firefighters' Burned Children Fund-Union County Chapter
Congratulations to all recipients! The North Carolina Jaycee Burn Center is thankful, appreciative and grateful of all support received, we couldn't do it without you.