The purpose of our organization is to:
- Provide a means of exposure to cardiology and related fields to students at the UNC School of Medicine through organized lectures and presentations by professionals in said fields.
- Organize physician shadowing opportunities within the UNC Cardiology Department.
- Provide opportunities for students to present topics or original research related to cardiology during meetings.
- Organize educational community outreach events related to cardiology aimed towards elementary, middle and high school students, as well as pre-medical undergraduate students.
- Disseminate information regarding potential research opportunities (i.e. projects for medical students, poster presentation opportunities, and relevant conferences) to members.