Congratulations to the Department of Cell Biology & Physiology, ranked 2nd in the country in NIH funding!
The department was formed in July 2012 through the merger of the Department of Cell & Developmental Biology and the Department of Cell & Molecular Physiology. The new department brings together two strong traditions of excellence in basic science and translational research, and in pre- and post-doctoral training, including undergraduate, graduate and medical education.
The department currently houses two PhD programs: the Program in Cell & Molecular Physiology and the Program in Cell & Developmental Biology. In addition, a number of members of the department also train PhD students through the Neurobiology Curriculum and the Genetics and Molecular Biology Curriculum.
- Upcoming Events
- Seminar: Bettina Winckler May 04, 2015 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — G202 MBRB
- Fusion Seminar: Pattarawut Sopha & Jeremy Rotty May 06, 2015 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics
- Seminar: Norman E. Sharpless May 11, 2015 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — G202 MBRB
- End of Year Talks May 13, 2015 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics
- Fusion Seminar: Shalini Menon & Lin Xiao May 20, 2015 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics
Lin Xiao awarded Dissertation Completion Fellowship
Leah Townsend receives several awards
Deborah O'Brien receives Distinguished Andrologist Award at the American Society of Andrology meeting
Ben Philpot receives Angelman Syndrome Grant
Patrick Lang receives NRSA F30