- B.S., University of Alabama, 1969
- B.Ed., University of Alabama, 1984
- Ph.D., University of Alabama, 1988
- National Eye Institute
Using molecular biology to study mammalian fertilization and factors originating from the testis and epididymis that play roles in gamete recognition and fertilization. Understanding gene regulation in the testis and epididymis. Studies of NASP, a cell-cycle regulated protein involved in histone storage and/or transport in the testis and somatic cells.
- Batova, IN, Richardson, RT, Widgren, EE, and O'Rand, MG (2000) Analysis of the autoimmune epitopes on human testicular NASP. Clin. Exp. Immunol., 121:201-209.
- Richardson RT, Batova, IN, Zheng, L-X, Whitfield, M, Marzluff, WF, and O'Rand, MG (2000) Characterization of the histone H1 binding protein, NASP, As a cell-cycle regulated somatic protein. J Biol Chem, 275:30378-30386.
- Richardson, R., Batova, I., and O'Rand M.(2000) Characterization of the testicular histone-binding protein, NASP. In: The Testis: From Stem Cell to Sperm function. (E. Goldberg, Ed.) New York, NY, pp 143-150.
- Richardson, R.T., Sivashanmugam, S., Hall, S.H., Hamil, K.G., Moore, P.A., Reuben, S.M., French, F.S., and O'Rand, M.G. (2001) Cloning and sequencing of human Eppin: A novel family of protease inhibitors expressed in the epididymis and testis. Gene 270:93-102.
- Wen, Y., Richardson, R.T., and O'Rand, M. G. (2001) Characterization of Sp17: a ubiuuitous three domain protein that binds heparin. Biochem J. 357:25-31.
- Liu, Q., Hamil, K., Sivashanmugam, P., Grossman, G., Soundararajan, R., Rao, J., Richardson, R., Zhang, Y-L., O'Rand, M., Petruz, P., French, F., and Hall, S.H. (2001) Primate epididymis-specific proteins:characterization of ESC 42, a novel protein containing a trefoil-like motif in monkey and human.. Endocrinology, in press.
- Richardson, R.T., Bencic, D., and O'Rand, M.G.(2001) Comparison of mouse and human NASP genes and expression in human transformed and tumor cell lines.Gene, 274:67-75.