Congratulations to the Department of Cell Biology & Physiology, ranked 3rd in the country in NIH funding!
The department was formed in July 2012 through the merger of the Department of Cell & Developmental Biology and the Department of Cell & Molecular Physiology. The new department brings together two strong traditions of excellence in basic science and translational research, and in pre- and post-doctoral training, including undergraduate, graduate and medical education.
The department currently houses two PhD programs: the Program in Cell & Molecular Physiology and the Program in Cell & Developmental Biology. In addition, a number of members of the department also train PhD students through the Neurobiology Curriculum and the Genetics and Molecular Biology Curriculum.
- Upcoming Events
- Seminar: Anthony Bretscher, PhD Sep 22, 2014 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — G202 MBRB
- Seminar: Robert Tarran, PhD Sep 29, 2014 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — G202 MBRB
- Seminar: Matthew Tyska, PhD Oct 06, 2014 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — G202 MBRB
- Seminar: Florin Selaru, PhD Oct 20, 2014 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — G202 MBRB
- Seminar: Peter Penzes, PhD Oct 30, 2014 12:30 PM - 01:30 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics
Caron Lab has high-profile paper published in Developmental Cell
Sep 10, 2014
Philpot Lab manuscript published in Neuron
Aug 25, 2014
Deshmukh Lab research featured in News and Observer
Jul 29, 2014
Matt Geden awarded NRSA Fellowship
Matt Geden, Graduate Research Assistant in the lab of Dr. Mohanish Deshmukh, was awarded an NRSA Fellowship from the NCI on his thesis research on chemotherapy induced axon degeneration. Jul 29, 2014
Shalini Menon receives AHA Postdoctoral Fellowship Award
Shalini Menon, a Postdoctoral Fellow within the lab of Dr. Stephanie Gupton, has received an AHA Postdoctoral Fellowship Award for 2 years! Jun 19, 2014