The Main facility consists of three adjacent rooms in the Glaxo Research Building:
550 sqft Main Aquaculture Room, including:
- 16 Marine Biotech aquaculture racks with a capacity of 3,800 liters and 34,000 fish
- 13.2 cuft air incubator for embryo rearing
- balance and stir plate
- dishwashing station
- +4°C/-20°C storage
85 sqft Life Support Room, containing:
- carbon/particulate/UV filters
- automated dosing systems for salt and pH adjustments
- water pumps
- Biosystems monitor/controller
- Millipore RiOS100 Reverse Osmosis unit
- 750 L water reservoir
- brine shrimp hatcheries
85 sqft Microscopy Room, equipped with:
- three microinjection stations, each with a Leica S6E stereomicroscope and either a Drummond Nanoject II or Sutter Instruments Picospritzer III injector.
- one Leica MZ16F fluorescence stereomicroscope, equipped with color digital camera and computer.
- one Leica M205C fluorescence steromicroscope, equipped with high-speed monochrome fluorescence digital camera and computer.
- a cell transplantation apparatus
The Zebrafish Aquaculture Core facility also includes a separate 100 sqft Quarantine Aquaculture Room, including one Marine Biotech aquaculture rack with capacity of 168 liters and 840 fish.