Assistant Professor of Surgery
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
3040 Burnett-Womack Bldg., CB #7065
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7065
Office phone: 919-966-3381
Thoracic oncology including cancer of lung and esophagus; lung transplantation; minimally invasive thoracic surgery including robotic surgery; ECMO; lung and esophageal surgery.
Ex-vivo lung perfusion; use of lungs from non-heart-beating donors for transplantation; international health. Co-investigator on NIH clinical trial grant, "More and Better Lungs: Ex-Vivo Perfusion of Lungs from Non-Heart-Beating Donors" (NHLBI grant 1 UM1 HL113115-01A1; Thomas Egan, principal investigator).
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency (Thoracic Track), University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2011-2013
- General Surgery Residency, University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, IL, 2004-2011
- M.D., Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC, 2004
- M.P.H. (concentration in International Health), Harvard University School of Public Health, Boston, MA. 2002-2003
- B.S. (cum laude), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, 1998