The Center for Women's Health Research loves to work with multi-talented team-players. Occasionally we will have a position posted through UNC's Careers at Carolina which we invite you to check periodically. If you are a work study student please check with the campus Work Study Office. Researchers may learn more about our services here.
We also post research fellowship, leadership, mentor and educational training opportunities here.
Graduate Student Research Assistant
***Application deadlines extended to August 14, 2015 at 5pm***
The Center for Women’s Health Research (CWHR) is seeking applicants for a 10 hour/week graduate student research assistant position for the 2015/2016 school year and possibly beyond.
The mission of the Center for Women's Health Research (CWHR) at UNC is to improve women's health through research by focusing on diseases, disorders and conditions that affect women only, women predominately, and/or women differently than men.
We engage in multiple activities to carry out this mission including the following:
- Supporting individual investigators in designing studies and writing and submitting proposals
- Administering awarded grants
- Helping investigators find and develop the resources they need to conduct their research
- Conducting research with center faculty members
After orientation and training, the Graduate Student Research Assistant (RA) will:
- Identify funding opportunities across a range of disciplines, and funding institutions.
- Compile a list of principal investigators around UNC and identify their research interests into an easily referenced format
- Work with the CWHR Director and Communications Specialist to promote funding opportunities to appropriate researchers
- Record the above processes for future replication
- Must be a currently enrolled graduate student at UNC Chapel Hill
- Able to articulate a desire to explore diverse areas of clinical research
- Strong content management skills
- Demonstrated excellent time management and problem-solving skills,
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on teams
- Graduate student in library or information science preferred
- Experience or course work in one or more of these areas: collection management, searching electronic databases, library services, web and social media applications
- Experience or stated interest in health, medicine or the sciences
- High skill in using, and/or demonstrated ability to learn, computer programs such as content management systems (Word Press, Plone) and bibliographic management software
- Commitment to work through the 2015/2016 academic year
Schedule, Salary and Benefits
Monthly salary is $20/hour, 10 hours per week, on-site.
Send cover letter and a current resume to Jennifer Rumbach, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as received.
Please do not contact the Center directly for SPA and EPA positions. All resumes and applications must go through the provided links to be considered for employment.