Jan 02, 2017 12:00 AM
Mar 10, 2017 05:00 PM
|Where||The Children's Cochlear Implant Center at UNC AND online!|
|Contact Name||Lillian Henderson|
|Add event to calendar||
Join us for our first Winter Carolina Institute. The Winter Carolina Institute consists of online coursework and hands-on practice of Listening and Spoken Language therapy with Certified LSL coaches.
This year's Institute will provide instruction and training to audiologists, speech-language pathologists, and teachers of the deaf who wish to develop their skills in Listening and Spoken Language Therapy for children with hearing loss. Topics to be covered include, but are not limited to:
• Planning and Implementing the Auditory-Verbal Session
• The Development of an Auditory Feedback Loop: Strategies for Speech Babble and Critical Elements
• Beyond Input: Strategies for the Elicitation of Specific Vocabulary and Language Targets
• Conduction a tele-practice session using LSL techniques and strategies
Training will occur through online reading & assignments, taped lectures, group discussions, videotape analysis, self-study and hands-on practicum experiences with children who are enrolled in Listening and Spoken Language Therapy and their families. On-line learning will take between one to three hours each week to complete. Completion is necessary prior to on-site coaching experience.
Now in its twentieth year, the Carolina Institute has provided training in the principles and practice of Listening and Spoken Language Therapy to over two hundred professionals from around the world. For more information, please contact Lillian Henderson, MSP, CCC-SLP, LSLS Cert. AVT at 919-419-1428, Lillian.firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Registration opens for NC professionals: October 17, 2016
• Registration opens for out-of-state professionals: October 31, 2016
• Registration deposit due for all attendees: December 1st, 2016
• Full payment deadline for out-of-state professionals: December 16st, 2016
• On-line pre-learning to begin January 3, 2017
• On-site training in NC: March 5-10, 2017
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) CEUs
This program is offered for 5.29 CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional area)
In-state professionals: $100
Out-of-state and international professionals: $1200
A $100 non-refundable registration deposit is required for all participants to secure your spot and will be applied to your registration cost.
For more information please see the flyer using the link below, or contact Lillian Henderson (Lillian.email@example.com) at 919-419-1428.
To register... (Please note, registration will not be accepted before Oct 17th for NC professionals or before October 31st for out of state professionals. If you do attempt to register, you will be asked to submit again after the registration period opens.)