Come join us for a casual evening at a stylish location on Franklin Street in downtown Chapel Hill. We use this time as a way to re-connect with our current residents and meet the applicants visiting us at UNC.is known for its good food and warm atmosphere.
Interview Dinner Information
- Meet at 6:30 pm at the bar for drinks / appetizers
- We will move to the dining area at 7 pm for dinner
- Dress casual. UNC Residents are a relaxed group and we want you to be comfortable!
- Bring your significant other if they would like to attend
From Interstate 40 (from Raleigh and points east):
- Take Exit 273-A (NC 54W) towards Chapel Hill
- Follow for 4.5 miles (as you enter campus, road becomes Raleigh Rd., then S Rd.)
- Turn right onto S. Columbia St./NC-86, E.Franklin St is 0.3 miles.
- Restaurant located at on the corner of E.Franklin and S. Columbia St.
- Parking is on the next block on E. Rosemary St.
From Interstate 85 (coming from Charlotte, Winston-Salem, Greensboro):
- From I-85 take I-40 East, exit 163 towards Raleigh
- Take Exit 266 (Hwy 68) and travel south towards Chapel Hill/Carrboro
- After approximately 4.3 miles, you will arrive at Rosemary Street, take a left for parking
- Top of the Hill is on the corner of E. Franklin and S. Columbia St, which is 1/2 block across Franklin St. from the parking lot.
From Interstate 85 North (from Durham and points north):
- Take I-85 to intersection with Hwy 15-501 South via exit 174A
- Follow 15-501 South towards Chapel Hill; the highway will divide 1.5 miles after I-40
- Tke the E. Franklin Street ramp.
- Top of the Hill is 2.7 miles on the left.
Parking tends to be challenging as the restaurant does not have its own lot. The closest lot to the restaurant is located at the intersection of S. Columbia and Rosemary Street (see drawing below). There is also street parking available on Franklin Street that is free after 6pm. Please refer to additional maps as well.
Municipal parking lots
There are 675 off-street parking spaces in Town-managed lots.
- (P-2) Rosemary/Columbia Lot East – 100 E. Rosemary St. (Attendant-operated lot)
- (P-3) West Franklin Parking Lot – 415 W. Franklin St.
- (P-4) West Rosemary Parking Lot – 104 W. Rosemary St.
- (P-5) Rosemary/Church Street Parking Lot – 108 Church St. & 141 W. Rosemary St.
- (P-6) 127 West Rosemary Lot – 127 W. Rosemary St. (Leased spaces only)
- (D-W) Rosemary Parking Deck – 150 E. Rosemary St. (Attendant-operated lot)
150 and 100 E. Rosemary St. (D-W and P-2)
7:30 a.m. – 1:15 a.m. Monday to Thursday;
$ .65 cents/half hour for 0-4 hours;
$.50 cents/half hour for 0-4 hours;
If you park at either Lot 2 (P-2) or the Wallace Deck (D-W) before 10:00 am and exit after 2:00 pm Monday thru Friday there will be a $2.00 peak time charge added to the ticket amount.