Pediatric otolaryngology, diagnostic and reconstructive airway surgery, chronic ear disease
- Appointment Scheduler: Venice Benitez (984) 974-3653
- Surgery Scheduler: Michelle Handy (984) 974-3649
- Nurse: BJ Squires (984) 974-3519
- MD (with honors): University of North Carolina School of Medicine, 1997
- Internship: General Surgery, UNC, 1997-98
- Residency: Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, UNC, 1998-2002
- Fellowship: Dept. of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, 2002-03
- Associate Professor, Dept. of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, UNC, 2009-present
- Associate Professor, Dept. of Pediatrics, UNC, 2009-present
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, UNC, 2003-2009
- Fellow, Pediatric Otolaryngology, Dept. of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, 2002-03
- Rose, AS, Gore MR, Hultman CS, Cairns BA. Contracture related airway obstruction (CRAO) treated successfully with incisional release. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 72(2):286-288, 2011 Feb.
- McKinney KA, Stadler ME, Wong YT, Shah RN, Rose AS, Zdanski CJ, Ebert CS Jr, Wheless SA, Senior BA, Drake AF, Zanation AM. Transpalatal greater palatine canal injection: radioanatomic analysis of where to bend the needle for pediatric sinus surgery. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 24(5):355-8, 2010 Sep.
- Bryson P, Leight W, Zdanski C, Drake AF, Rose AS. High-resolution ultrasound in the evaluation of pediatric recurrent respiratory papillomatosis. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 135(3):250-3, 2009 Mar.
- Roberts J, Shores C, Rose AS. Surgical treatment warranted in aggressive central giant cell granuloma: a report of two cases. Ear Nose Throat J. 88(3):E8-E13, 2009 Mar.
- Rose AS, Ebert CS, Prazma J, Pillsbury HC. Noise exposure levels in stock car auto racing. Ear Nose Throat J. 87(12):689-692, 2008 Dec.
- Lee SC, Ebert CS Jr, Fordham L, Rose AS. Plain films in the evaluation of batteries as esophageal foreign bodies. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2008 Oct;72(10):1487-91.
- Gore MR, Rose AS. Formation of an airway foreign body formation during removal of a metal tracheostomy tube: A case report. ENT Journal 2008;87(3):169-71.
Bryson P, Leight W, Zdanski CJ, Drake AF, Rose AS. High resolution ultrasound in the evaluation of pediatric recurrent respiratory papillomatosis. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg (accepted for publication, 2007).
Ebert CS, Rose AS, Blanks DA, Eapen RP, Kandimalla ER, Agrawal SA, Prazma J. Immunomodulatory oligonucleotides in the prevention of nasal allergen-induced Eustachian tube dysfunction. Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery 2007 Aug;137(2):250-55.
Ebert CS, Rose AS, Patel MR, Hardy SM, Kandimalla ER, Agrawal S, Prazma J, Pillsbury HC. The role of immunomodulatory oligonucleotides in prevention of OVA-induced Eustachian tube dysfunction. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology 2006 Dec;70(12):2019-26.
Zanation AM, Ebert CS, Coffee CS, Dubin MG, Rose AS. Precursor B-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma presenting as an isolated external ear swelling in a two-year-old child. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 69:695-699, 2005 May.
Rose AS, Tunkel DE. Synopsis of “Clinical outcome of pediatric endoscopic sinus surgery". Pediatrics. 112:467-468, 2003 Aug.