Director, Pediatric Audiology
MA: Audiology, University of Iowa, 1976
AuD: University of Florida, Gainesville, 2005
- Associate Professor, Dept. of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, UNC, 2009-present
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, UNC, 2005-2009
- Clinical Instructor, Dept. of Otolarynoglogy/Head and Neck Surgery, UNC, 2003-2005
- Director of Pediatric Audiology, UNC Hospitals, Chapel Hill, NC, 2000-present
- Clinical Audiologist and Co-Director, Cochlear Implant Program, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, 1990-2000
- Pediatric Audiologist, Boston Children's Hospital, Boston, MA, 1986-87
- Coordinator, Audiology and Deaf Education, Children's Hospital of Denver, Denver, CO, 1982-86
- Clinical Audiologist, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, 1980-82
- Clinical Audiologist, Constance Brown Hearing and Speech Center, Kalamazoo, MI, 1976-79
- UNC Clinical Preceptor of the Year Award, presented by UNC AuD students, May 2007.
- 3rd Annual Tribute to the Legacy of Dr. Daniel Ling, Award presented at the 2005 N.C. A.G. Bell Conference, November 3, 2005
- Roush,P., Frymark,T., Venediktov,R., Wang, B., Audiological management of children with auditory neuropathy spectrum disorder : A systematic review of the literature, American Journal of Audiology (accepted July 2011)
- Buchman, C., Teagle, H., Roush, P., Park, L., Hatch, D., Woodard, J., Adunka, O., Zdanski, C. Cochlear Implantation in Children with Labyrinthine Abnormalities and Cochlear Nerve Deficiency: Implications for Auditory Brainstem Implantation. The Laryngoscope, 121(7) 2011
- Teagle, HFB, Roush, PA, Woodard, JS, Hatch, D.R., Buss, E, Zdanski, CJ, Buchman, CA, Cochlear Implantation in Children with Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder Ear and Hearing, 31(3), 2010
- Adunka, OF, Roush, PA, Teagle, HFB, Brown, CJ, Zdanski, CJ, Jewells, V, Buchman, CA. Internal Auditory Canal Morphology in Children with Cochlear Nerve Deficiency. Otology & Neurotology ,27:793-801, 2006
Buchman, CA, Roush, PA, Teagle, HFB, Brown, CJ, Zdanski, CJ, Grose, JH, Characteristics of Auditory Neuropathy in Children with Cochlear Nerve Deficiency. Ear and Hearing, 27 (4), August 2006
Cullen, RD, Zdanski, Z, Roush, P, Brown, C, Teagle, H, Pillsbury HC 3rd, Buchman, C. Cochlear Implants in Waardenburg Syndrome. The Laryngoscope, 116 (7): 1273-1275, July 2006.
Adunka, OF, Roush, PA, Grose, J, Macpherson, C , Buchman,CA, Monitoring of Cochlear Function During Cochlear Implantation. The Laryngoscope. 116(6): 1017-1020,June 2006.
Roush, PA Hearing aid fitting in infants: Practical considerations and challenges. In RC Seewald and JM Bamford (eds.) A sound foundation through early amplification 2004: Proceedings of the third international conference (pp. 105-114). Stafa, Switzerland: Phonak AG 2005.
Roush, J., Holcomb, M, Roush, PA, Escolar, ML. When Hearing Loss Occurs with Multiple Disabilities, Seminars in Hearing. 25(4), 2004.