Cancer cachexia, tumor vaccines in head and neck cancer
- MD: Xi'an Medical University, Xi'an, China, 1983
- Residency: Pathology, Xi'an Medical University, Xi'an, China, 1983-1986
- Fellowship: Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, 1988-1990
- MS: Molecular Biology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, 1993
- Assistant Professor, Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, UNC, 2007-present
- Senior Research Associate, Lineberger Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, 2002-2007
- Research Assistant Professor, Department of Hematology/Oncology, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, 2001-2002
- Research Laboratory Supervisor, Department of Hematology/Oncology, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh,1996-2001
- Research Associate, Department of Hematology/Oncology, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh,1993-1996
- Graduate Research Assistant, Department of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology, School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, 1991-1993
- Pathologist, Shannxi Cancer Institute, Xi'an, China, 1987-1988
- Differential pathogenesis of lung adenocarcinoma subtypes involving EGFR, KRAS, STK11, TP53, methylation, and chromosomal instability. Wilkerson MD, Yin X, Walter V, Zhao N, Cabanski C, Hayward M C. and Hayes DN. Submitted to J. Clin. Oncology for publication.
- High XRCC1 expression is associated with poorer survival in patients with head and neck squamous cell Carcinoma. *M.K.Ang, M.R. Patel, X.Y. Yin, M. Wilkerson, M.C. Weissler, W. Shockley, M.E. Couch, M.C. Hayward, W.K. Funkhouser, A.F. Olshan, C.G. Shores, D.N.Hayes. Accepted by Clin Can Research for publication.
- NF-κB inhibition protects against tumor-induced cardiac atrophy in vivo. Wysong A, Couch M, Shadfar S, Li L, Rodriguez JE, Asher S, Yin X, Gore M, Baldwin A, Patterson C, Willis MS. Am J Pathol. 2011, 178(3):1059-68.
- Oral Resveratrol Therapy Inhibits Cancer-Induced Skeletal Muscle and Cardiac Atrophy In Vivo. Shadfar S, Couch ME, McKinney KA, Weinstein LJ, Yin X, Rodriguez JE, Guttridge DC, Willis M. Nutr Cancer. June 2011
- Yin X, Hayes DN, Shores C. Enzastaurin, a protein kinase C β inhibitor, inhibits tumor growth and enhances radiation activity in HNSCC. Head & Neck., Oct. 2010
- Wilkerson M, Yin X,. Hoadley K, Liu YF, Hayward M, Perou C, and Hayes DN. Lung squamous cell carcinoma mRNA expression subtypes are reproducible, clinically-important, and correspond to normal cell types. Clinical Cancer Res. 2010; 16:4864-4875.
- Cabanski C, Qi Y, Yin X, Bair E, Hayward M, Wilkerson M, Marron J, Perou C, Hayes DN. SWISS MADE: Standarized within class sum of squares to evaluate methodologies and dataset elements. PLos One. 2010; 26; 5(3): e9905.
- Yin X, Zhang H, Lundgren K, Wilson L, Burrow, F, Shores C. BIIB021, A Novel Hsp90 Inhibitor, Sensitizes Head And Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma To Radiotherapy. Int. J. Cancer, 2010;126:1216-25.
- O’Connell T, Ardeshirpour F, Asher S, Yin X, Guttridge D, and.Couch M. Metabolomic analysis of cancer cachexia reveals distinct lipid and glucose alterations. Metabolomics, 2008, 4:216-225.
- Cannon T, Shores C, Yin X, Dahlman J, Guttridge D, Lai V, George J, Buzkova P and Couch M. Immunocompetent murine model of cancer cachexia for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Head Neck 2008, 30(3): 320-6.
- Cannon T, Couch M, Yin X, Guttridge D, Lai V and Shores C. Comparison of Animal Models for Head and Neck Cancer Cachexia. Laryngoscope 2007, 117(12):2152-8.
- Richey LM, George JR, Couch ME, Kanapkey BK, Yin X, Cannon T, Stewart PW, Weissler MC, Shores CG. Defining cancer cachexia in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res 2007 Nov;15;13(22 Pt 1):6561-7.
- Yin X, Zhang H, Burrows F, Zhang L, Shores C. Potent activity of a noval dimeric Hsp90 inhibitor against Head and Neck Squamous cell carcinoma in vitro and in vivo. Clinical Cancer Research 2005;11:3889-3896.
- Zanation AM, Yin XY, Shores C, Yarbrough WG. Phenotypic and microarray gene expression analysis of tri-dimensional raft-modeled human head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2004;131(5):577-584.
- Chung CH, Parker JS, Funkhouser WK, Yin X, Shockley WW, Shores CG, Yarbrough WG, Perou CM. Molecular classification of head and neck squamous cell carcinomas using patterns of gene expression. Cancer Cell 2004;5(5):489-500.
- Shores CG, Yin X, Funkhouser W, Yarbrough WG. Clinical evaluation of a new molecular method for detection of micrometastases in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2004;130(8):937-942.
- Yin X, Giap C, Lazo J, Prochownik EV. Low molecular weight inhibitors of Myc-Max interaction and function. Oncogene 2003 Sep;18;22(40):6151-6159.
- Mu ZM, Yin X, Prochownik EV. Pag, a putitative tumor suppressor that interact with "Myc box II" domain of c-Myc and selectively alters its biological function and target gene expression. J. Bio.Chem 2002;277(45):43175-43184.
- Yin X, Grove L, Rogulski K, Prochownik EV. MT-MC1, a novel c-Myc target, that recapitulates multiple c-Myc phenotypes. J. Bio. Chem 2002;277(22):19998-20010.