The Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill will be the nation’s leader in providing excellent patient care, training the next generation of leaders in the field and achieving excellence in research that advances the field of otolaryngology/head and neck surgery.
Our Mission is to improve the health of North Carolinians and others whom we serve. We will accomplish this by achieving excellence and providing leadership in the interrelated areas of patient care, education, and research. To fulfill this mission, our objectives are the following:
- To provide excellent otolaryngologic/head and neck surgical patient care that can serve as a national model;
- To provide outstanding undergraduate and postgraduate education that disseminates otolaryngology/head and neck surgery knowledge and facilitates more contributions to the knowledge base;
- To carry out basic science, clinical, and health services research that advance the field of otolaryngology/head and neck surgery;
- Leaders who enhance employee engagement, job satisfaction and career development for all members of the department and healthcare team;
- Champions of a culture and climate that promotes inclusion, diversity and health equity.